Hey hey. So here's another poem that I wrote a while (ish?) back. This one was actually pretty difficult, not gonna lie. I went in with a goal: to write a 26 line alliteration poem, one line for each letter in the alphabet.
At first I thought it would be a rather simple task. I mean, they're just words right? All I had to do was find the right ones, put them in the right order and then I'd be done. Uh, yeah... it definitely was NOT easy. I think I had the hardest time with "X." I really couldn't find any words that went with the theme of the rest of the poem. Nearly all the words I could find meant yellow. Very helpful.
Also, I spent a lot of time choosing the absolute best words I could find in my not-so-great but not-as-bad-as-I-thought vocabulary. Some of them are strange and quirky, words that you probably don't here being thrown around in the daily bantering of society, but they're beautiful nonetheless.
I guess another reason why I wrote it using such uncommon wording was so that the meaning of the poem was lost to those who didn't know what the words meant. If you don't know what the words mean, it sounds cool, even pretty. If you do, you realize that all the "pretty sounds" are quite ironic considering how ugly the poem is.
Anyways... even with this arduous (haha, see how clever I am?) mission,I worked it out (kinda) and was able to churn out this lil piece here.
Thank you and enjoy.
Atrocious annihilations accrue alongside abject acrimonies.
Banal blather blighting beforehand beautiful bits.
Continual crumbling of cautious catastrophes and callousness causing chaos.
Deprecating and deplorable demonstrations of divulged desires.
Every everything, errant and evanescent.
Fine frenzies of fantastically fabricated fallacies.
Gathering guiles of guidance and graciousness.
Instances insuring irreversible impasses of insolence.
Jarring jets jutting into justified and jumbled journeys.
Keepsakes keying and kindling kryptonious kitsches.
Lamentation lionizing lassitude, laxity, and legerdemain.
Misconstrued and mortified memories, marking mistaken mirth.
Nuances of nihilism nascent in novel notions.
Opportunity and optimism obfuscated and occluded.
Paltry palaver purporting proportions of perseverance and prospect.
Quarantined questions quelled by quixotic quagmires.
Repentant rejoinders razed, repealed and reproached.
Superfluous, sweeping situations slathered with sanguine, spiteful sayings.
Transient tenets truncated, temperance tangential.
Umbrages upraised, unimpeachable and upbraided by unsettled understandings.
Vestiges veered to virulent, vitriolic, and verbose vilifications.
Winding ways whittled down to whispered, worthless words.
X-rays of xenophobic and xanthic xylophones.
Yearning years yet to yield yen.
Zeniths and ziggurats zapped by zephyrs of zeroes.
Very nice description of life and the world in this present day. It is the beauty you described as the "face value", but it's beautiful in it's own way as you know how the words mean. Because it paints a certain picture with these words, that inadvertently, I think, portray emotion and the beauty of this writing. *thumbs up* I can't wait to read the next one. Spot on.
ReplyDeleteOk... I am not going to lie I just learned like 20 words, (getting ready for the SAT) but when I looked up all the words I found the poem hit a completely different level for me. (even though you said it would) Great job, though this is the first of your writing that I have read so far I intend to follow this and I am interested in seeing the next one.
ReplyDeleteI am as deep as a sidewalk curb
When my owner is lazy Im hardly stirred
I sit on the shelf waiting to teach
The spelling and words that I'v wished to preach
What am I?
Thank you so very much, I really appreciate your comments!
ReplyDeleteI actually got a couple of these words from my SAT vocab list from last summer :]