So... a slew of quick updates for what's been happening since my last post:
- Probably the most consistently significant item has been Tumblr. I started my Tumblr, which can be found here, around April of this year. That's a lot of why I haven't been posting as much since I just posted most of my thoughts/writing up there. Tumblr is wonderful. I love Blogspot, but I love Tumblr just as much. My Tumblr is a mix of about 70% photography/graphics, 20% writing and 10% other media (songs, videos, etc).
- Junior year is over. It was a disaster, especially the second semester. It wasn't so much an academic disaster, but it was mentally disastrous. It was a difficult time. Honestly, the best part of junior year was that it ended and that I won't ever have to go back to it again.
- AP testing went well; I had success with that, which made me happy. (Lol, pathetic much?)
- The summer was mostly spent on SAT preparation (Le Fu, it's this Saturday...), sleeping, watching TV/movies, writing, interning at Stanford's Sleep and Circadian Neurobiology Research Lab and Tumblr-ing. I spent a LOT of time on Tumblr, actually. It was nice. I need to have a post just for Tumblr because I have quite a bit to say, so I shall let this subject be for now.
- Senior year has begun. Fuck. Well, fuck... in the sense that first semester is going to be like a more insane junior year packed into a shorter time frame, but fuck YES in the sense that it is my last high school year and I will be free from everything here. I need a fresh start more than anything. I really cannot wait til college. I cannot wait to leave this place and these people.
- I've been having a lot thoughts about friends. This somewhat lead back to my last post before my Blogspot hiatus. There are some people I would like to not talk to, but... well... it's more difficult this time around. Worries for another post.
- Speaking of my last post, the thing that I am most proud of since that post, nonacademically proud of that is, is that I was finally and definitively able to cut out the person that I had most wanted to have out of my life, but just couldn't bring myself to X them out. It finally happened and I couldn't be happier with the results. I have many regrets, but this is a decision I will cherish.
- SATs, cllege applications, writing samples, essays, SATs, articles for The Oracle, managing classes, and all those other wonderful burdens that come with being a high school senior. Oh, whoops! I almost forgot to mention SATs.
That's mostly where it is all at at the moment. Things are in a jumble and I have much to say and little time to say it. So, this is where I will end things for now.
My next post, which WILL be soon, will be more in depth. As I've said probably five times already, there are many things I want to say.
I understand exactly how you feel
ReplyDeletewith senior year beginning once again,
relationships becoming a big deal
I pray you have good fun this year amen